Sunday, September 13, 2015

Val & Me


Last Thursday evening was the big reveal of my lovely little guild's Mini Quilt Challenge.  I am still in awe!  My swap partner was Miss Valerie of Purple Boots and Pigtails.  If you don't already follow her blog, you should.  You will be inspired.  When I opened the tightly rolled and beautifully wrapped package that she handed to me, I could not believe my eyes.  The quilt that Val made for me was so personal and touching , of course it brought a few tears to my eye.   I expected to be blown away by her sewing skill but never dreamed she would execute the most perfect design in the whole world that could touch my heart, especially since the past short while has been very stressful.  Here is the link to a blogpost from almost a year ago that will help you understand more about why this quilt made me cry.
 



















The "For Ale" sign is gone for good now.  Taken two days ago.  Renovation is underway.


And here is the mini quilt that I made for Val, my whiskey drinkin', Harley ridin', purple lovin', pigtail wearin', free piecin', most lovely quilty friend. 






here's the back, with wonky fish and improv curves and lots and lots of pebble quilting.  




Thanks for stopping by and I hope you have an amazingly talented quilty friend like I do.




15 comments:

  1. tearing up - you two are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can just imagine the two of you were overcome with emotion...i can't imagine a better choice of the two designs made by the two of you for each other. You definitely understand and appreciate each other very well. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You both did an awesome job. Pat on the back to both of you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember that lovely post ... What a fabulous memorable mini Val made for you and I love the mini you created for her too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a lovely story and very lovely quilts, ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both are amazing. I think it suits both of you perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It was so much fun to be there in person when you two swapped! You were both so animated and excited! You each put a lot of thought into your designs. You made perfect swap partners!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Val gave me a sneak peak and told me the story. So awesome when you can share a passion with someone who really gets who you are.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Two lovely personal quilts - congratulations to you both. xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. You and Val were the perfect pairing Linda and did each other super proud! Both of you look like you could hardly contain your delight!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow , amazing quilts by both of you . I know how deeply the quilt made by Val would touch you , very special indeed !

    ReplyDelete
  12. An amazing quilt with an even more amazing story. I can imagine it would bring tears to your eyes. The quilt you made for her is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What fun quilts! It is so cool when you can hit home with a design!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear from you and I really appreciate that you have taken the time to leave a comment.