Sunday, March 23, 2014

The Library Project Challenge - March update

I am enjoying this challenge so much.  The idea being to challenge yourself to using patterns from books in your very own library.  I have 5 quilty projects on my challenge list and I am currently finished the first two and working on the third one. You can tell that my theme so far has been "colour" and that was a challenge I gave myself. I adore colour but never seem to be brave enough to go that extra step.   I feel a lot more comfortable with it now.  My #4 project will not be as bright as the first three though.  I had planned on doing #4 in Christmas fabrics, but that has changed now.  I have decided to use the Lucy's Crab Shack by Sweetwater.. fabric that I have been collecting for a while.


Here is my update on my challenge projects.
#1. "Slices" -  now a sewing machine cover
I



#2. "Basic Puzzle" - now a cuddle quilt on my new sofa

#3. "Hugs and Kisses" - now in flimsy state, waiting to be quilted. 


I am anxious to get started on #4,  "Diamonds" From "Fresh Impressions" by Allison Jane Smith





I am linking up with Adrienne at Chezzetcook Quilts for the monthly update. 


4 comments:

  1. Miss Productivity strikes again! Loved seeing those Kaffe prints in person :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Linda - have you been busy! All such great projects - love your Hugs and Kisses quilt, and great idea to turn the Slices into a sewing machine cover. Your Puzzles quilt looks great on your couch, and can't wait to see your next project. Ya know, there are still 9 months left this year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how basic puzzle turned out - you have great picks and amkign so much use fo your library!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the pattern for your next quilt and I can't wait to see your version. I've always admired your use of colour. It's been fun seeing you push yourself even further with it. The results have been extraordinary.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear from you and I really appreciate that you have taken the time to leave a comment.