Friday, January 17, 2014

The Library Project 2014

I wish there was an app that you could use to download, directly from your quilty brain, all the quilts you want (need) to make and organize and priortize them nice and pretty in folders.   My favourite conversation with myself  begins with "I'm going to make that".  How many times have you said "That quilt is going on my List"?  I have lists all over the place.   Anyway, I think that an app that could do this would involve embedding a microchip in your head, so that is out!  So, for this year, I am joining up with Adrienne at Chezzetcook Modern Quilts, who is challenging quilters to pick at least four quilts from "The List" aka quilting books in your personal library, a magazine or pattern that keeps haunting you.  It's called "The Library Project QuiltAlong"  and you can check it out HERE.  Here are the projects that have been kicking around in my head and have been bookmarked in my home library.  I think this challenge will encourage me to work on them and get them made in 2014.

"Basic Puzzle" From "Modern Basics" by Amy Ellis

"Diamonds" From "Fresh Impressions" by Allison Jane Smith

I want to make this pattern in Christmas prints. 

"Slices" from "Scrap Republic" by Emily Cier



"Hugs & Kisses" by Jaybird Quilts


"Stars and Diamonds"   a pattern by Janice McKee

!

But, before I start on making the above, I have two other quilts on my cutting table in different stages.  Yikes!  Guess I need about 10 snow days in a row!

Adrienne has a linky set up on her post, so stop by and check out what everyone has chosen to work on and maybe join in too! 
Hope you have a quilty day ! I have a lot of sewing to do!

18 comments:

  1. Ooh your projects look great, Can't wait to see them complete!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've picked some wonderful quilts to work on. Looking forward to seeing your take on the patterns.

    ReplyDelete
  3. At first I really liked "Basic Puzzle" but I have to say that "Slices" is my favourite...I love that quilt. I'm looking forward to following along:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lots of wonderful projects - looking forward to seeing your versions of each quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck waiting for the snow days! It feels like Spring has come to Cape Breton!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thought this was an excellent challenge when I read about it! I'm overwhelmed with all of the quilts I want to make and this helps to narrow it down and keep it a little better in prospective. Good picks, Linda. Can't wait to see your progress on each one. Now if you are like me, you'll be working on them all at the same time!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Isn't funny how so many of us MMQGers have the same books in our libraries? I made one from Modern Basics a while back and I do love Scrap Republic!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great picks. Cant wait to see your projects unfold.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I know you'll get your list done!! I really like the diamonds quilt-I don't know what type of xmas prints you're planning but 2 colored quilts are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's pretty ambitious, Linda. All great projects. I really like the hugs and kisses. Looking forward to seeing all of your finishes!

    ReplyDelete

  11. Lots of lovely projects there. Looking forward to seeing some of your finishes..

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lots of great projects. You need a long winter!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love what you picked! Aren't Jaybird Quilts patterns just amazing? I have one of theirs on my list as well. You're brave for tackling scrap republic... that book scares the poop out of me.

    ReplyDelete
  14. The Basic Puzzle quilt is brilliant. Great choices! I don't know these books. It's great to have a chance to look inside them!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wicked Picks Linda! Feeling like I need to get me "Modern Basics". Why do I think TLP is going to mean I end up with a bigger library?:)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the slices and diamonds - they will be gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  17. The app you're looking for is called "Pinterest". It's fantastic for easily doing exactly what you've just wished for. I use it for all kinds of future quilt projects. Check my boards out at http://www.pinterest.com/lawbrarian/ to see an example of how you might Pinterest.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great choices! I can't wait to see the progress throughout the year :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear from you and I really appreciate that you have taken the time to leave a comment.