Friday, April 13, 2012

Nova Scotia Miniature Quilt Challenge

Here is my entry to the "Nova Scotia Miniature Quilt Challenge" which will exhibited at 2012 Quilt Canada in Halifax May 30 to June 2.  This challenge is open to residents of Nova Scotia.  The deadline for submission is April 23. 


 This is my attempt at making an original interpretation of an idea. The boat is meant to be a ghost of a long ago family favourite.  We would use this boat to go on family outings to secluded island beaches around the area of my home in Prospect, Nova Scotia. Good times!!
http://www.flickr.com/photos/amanda_white_photography/5982291821/in/photostream   (The white house is my family home)
I used a few of my precious Kaffe Fassett fabrics and freemotioned quilted swirls which is my favourite quilting design.  I used Invisifil by Wonderfil for the swirls.  In the New York Beauty block sun I used Sulky Blendables.  I still have to make a hanging sleeve and label and then ready to put in the mail just in time to meet the deadline.

I am linking up to the Needle and Thread Network  Stop by and see what other Canadian bloggers are doing this week.    Why not join in yourself..would love to see what you are working on.

17 comments:

  1. It is lovely Linda, good luck , I hope to get to see this in person :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful. I can even imagine the sound of the waves laping at it,

    ReplyDelete
  3. A wonderful design - love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's just beautiful, I love the 'connection' in pattern with the water and sky. Good luck

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this piece, especially the textures in the background.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, Linda, it is gorgeous!! You should most definitely stand up and take a bow!! WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay! I am going to look for this "in person" when I go the quilt shows in Hfx!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lots of luck in the contest. It is a beautiful quilt. I plan to head over to Merchant Mall, hopefully I can see this is person!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Best of luck in the quilt show. You have a truly lovely design. Would love to see it in person!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love all the curls in that! Beautiful angle. The red boat in the photo with all the grasses and clouds ... I think it's calling me. : ) Ooooh those colros are so rich.

    Thanks for sharing at TN&TN!
    ~Monika in Saskatoon

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a lovely quilt! You live in a wonderfully colourful place. So nice to see parts of Canada as we hop through the blogs!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very very nice!!! I hope to live in NS one day before I'm too old to enter a quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This piece is fantastic Linda...wish I could get to the show...enjoy

    ReplyDelete
  14. what a wonderful little quilt - I can't wait to see it in person in Halifax!

    ReplyDelete
  15. A very lovely idea and your quilt is lovely too. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear from you and I really appreciate that you have taken the time to leave a comment.